Thursday, June 23, 2011

Yankee Time



Last week Uncle Ed took Erin, Emilie, and I to a Yankee game. For those who don't know, Uncle Ed is a serious Yankee fan. Before the game I joked with him about how I like to show up to baseball games about four innings in, and he said he's the guy who shows up an hour early. Despite these difference in style, we had a great time, and one thing we did agree about was that constant eating is a requirement of baseball games. We started with footlong hotdogs, fries, beer for Ed, and the cheesy fries seen below. We later progressed to popcorn and then ice cream.


Uncle Ed is not kidding around at Yankees games. Example shown below...


The Yankees won big, too! 12-4 I believe. What with all the snacks and fun New Yorky-ness, I have to admit I am starting to like the Yankees. I even looked the part.


I was wearing this shirt (my new fave) in the elevator the other day and an old guy and I chatted it up about the Yankees. I like to think that this encounter makes it official that I don't look like a tourist anymore. Next thing you know I'll be shooting the bird at cab drivers and small children!


No comments:

Post a Comment