Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fast Forward

Hello Dear Readers! (Mom, Dad and Mary...)

In my typical fashion, I have let four weeks go by before I have started blogging about my New York adventures like I was supposed to. I already can't really remember in exquisite detail all the things I have done since I've landed in ye big apple, so I'll give you an on-crack version of the past few weeks' highlights. (Do not be alarmed by the crack comment . . . I haven't picked up that habit yet from my New York peers, just lots of coffee-drinking.)

First, I said hellogoodbye to Atlanta before zipping off to Philly. Wild horses couldn't drag me away before taking my traditional airplane picture!
Sigh...

Anywho . . . after arriving in Philly, the Nort women (Aunt Sally, Erin, my mom and I) completed all the usual requirements for a visit to the Clancy 'hood, including breakfast at Nudy's, Capri for custardy deliciousness, and shopping at Anthropologie, all topped off with a trip to see the movie Bridesmaids, during which I'm pretty sure my mom had a mild seizure (she was doing the move where she laughs so hard she has to rest her head on the seat in front of her. Very alarming for fellow movie-goers not accustomed to her intense laughing style) and I peed my pants a little bit.

Next stop was the big city, where my sad little self had to be alone for a week or so to start work. Cousins Katie and Ann were nice enough to hang out with me and introduce me to all of their drunk happy friends, and we had a fun weekend in their hood in Nolita and in the West Village (Dad, I've decided I want to live there someday. Better start saving up now for my rent! After that weekend I felt slightly like I had been run over by a train a couple of times. I really need to do some conditioning to keep up with these people.

Then the gang of apartment 20-I (Sally, Ed, Erin, Emilie) was reunited once more and all was well with the world. The next event of note was that we went to see "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying," the musical starring Daniel Radcliffe, aka the Boy who lived, aka The Chosen One (Erin got all embarrassed when I said this at the musical, I don't know why), aka Mister Potter, aka Harry Potter for all you noobs who haven't gotten it yet. It was so good! We think he even made eye contact with us a couple of times . . .
. . . Who are these goobers?
The only problem with this magical evening was that Mr. Potter is very short and thus this is the best stalkerazzi picture that I managed to get of him.
THAT'S THE BACK OF HARRY POTTER'S NECK!!!

Well that's all for the recap folks, miss you all!

-Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment