Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Walk in the Park

Friday was my day off, and I took the opportunity to go on a romantic walk with myself through Central Park. It was a beautiful day  and I wanted to get pictures of lots of pretty things that I always see when I run but I never have my camera with me. First I got lunch and ate and read my book in Poet's Walk, which is a long alley surrounded by pretty elm trees with statues of famous poets along the sides. Tres romantique, non?


The romance continued at the Boat House, which is a famous restaurant on the water in the park, where people paddle boats around and make goo-goo eyes at each other like in the movies. 


I caught this one through the trees with a view of one of my favorite buildings, on the Upper West Side. 
I think even if I was in a paddle boat with Quasimodo I might have fallen in love with him with all this prettiness around me.

This is the little pond where people sail their little white sailboats...

And the Alice in Wonderland statue! 

I topped everything off with another popsicle on a bench on Fifth Ave, and this was my view.
Not too shabby, eh? 




No comments:

Post a Comment